Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homemade Banana Almond Ice Cream

This recipe is adapted from Claire Robinson's recipe from Food Network and her show, "5 Ingredient Fix." When I saw her make this recipe, my jaw nearly dropped with how easy and cheap it can be.

My roommate and I both teach. The difference is: I teach middle school--she teaches kindergarten. After one of her lessons about teaching patterns with fruit - we had too much fruit to even handle. As the bananas began to brown (which also means sweeten) I remembered this recipe. This recipe is so easy and simple- and its so healthy and decadent that you really feel you are eating ice cream. Now all I need is a recipe to use the rotting apples and limes... 

Here is what I used:

- 4 bananas (the browner, the sweeter - and also past the point of being eaten alone)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter, based on your preference)
- 2 tablespoons honey 
- 1/4 cup milk

1. Cut the bananas into inch slices, picture belowed. Place on a foil covered cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet into the freezer. 


2. Freeze bananas for at least 1 hour. 
3. In a food processor (or blender) add the bananas. Process until creamy and smooth. Add the milk and process until creamy. Add almond butter and honey to flavor the ice cream. Once all of the ingredients are evenly blended, serve!

If you add too much milk - freeze before serving to get the ice cream texture.


Healthy and delicious - you'll be thanking Claire Robinson! (or maybe me for posting!)

Here's to you- sweet tooth's!

No comments:

Post a Comment