Monday, October 3, 2011

Grocery List 10/3

My last two meals put my refrigerator officially on empty, and the recent cold weather excited me to buy my favorite fall vegetables. Chilly weather and football leaves me wanting big warm stews and soups and nice hearty dinners. I went to Publix for my groceries, and stocked up on the fall essentials for produce. Remember, I only list my interchangeable produce, cheese, and items unique to this list. Refer back to my penniless pantry page to stock up on my essentials.

Total for this list: $29.28

Broccoli crowns - $1.65
Sweet Potatoes (2) - $0.97
Zucchini Squash (1) - $1.00
1 Bunch Kale - $1.49
Sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms - $2.29
1 Lemon - $0.67
Garlic - $0.39
1 Bunch Parsley - $1.19
1 lb Petite Baby Red Potatoes - $1.49
Stoplight Peppers (Red, yellow & green) - $3.99  *This was a great sale at Publix. Stoplight pepper packs (which I splurge on because I cook with peppers so often, are usually priced around 5 or 6 dollars). 
Baby Spinach - $3.99
4 oz Crumbled Feta - $2.39
4 oz Crumbled Goat Cheese - $2.39
Pillsbury Pizza Crust - $2.39
Part Skim Ricotta Cheese (15 oz) - $2.49

Happy shopping... happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment