Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Goat Cheese & Spinach Burger

When the mood for a burger hits, there is no stopping it. In an attempt to change up my running route because of too many hills, I ended up running uphill for about 30 minutes. Exhausted, the only thing to change my night around was going to be a burger.

This is a burger that you can actually feel good about. With a healthy version of a creamy cheese sauce and served on a wheat flatbread wrap, my red meat craving was satisfied, and hopefully my run wasn't a wash.


Goat Cheese & Spinach Burger
Serves 1. 

- 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Goat Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon light sour cream

- Handful baby spinach leaves
- 1 Flatout 5-Flax Flatbread Wrap


1. Combine meat, mustard, worchestire sauce and garlic powder in a bowl. Using your hands (and careful not to overwork the meat) combine the ingredients and form a patty. 

2. I grilled my burger on my George Foreman grill, for 5 minutes (flipped once). 

3. In a separate bowl, combine cheese, yogurt, and sour cream until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. 

4. Place spinach on one side of the wrap, and spread the cheese sauce on the other. Place the burger in the middle, close, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment